Our son speak

Our three and half year old son doesn’t fancy the idea of havin a brother or sister though he never has explained why is that so. It’s a rutual with us to have few laughs everyday when we go to bed and slowly he has taken the onus to switch off the two lights, in our room and also switch on the mosquito repellant. One of the light is to illuminate the room and other one is a bulb in the place where we worship our Gods and Godesses. Few nights back, he switched off the mainlight in the room and came to the bed. I joked to him about who is supposed to switch of the other light and he told me its me who should do it. I told him to switch it off twice but he didn’t move.

So, to tease him, I told him that I will get one more child who will switch off the light. He got upset, hid him face on the pillow and slowly said,’ you will then need three children.’. Puzzled I asked, ‘why is that so?’. He answered,’ the third one to switch on the mosquito repellant’.

I broke into a smile.

No comments: