Jai Ma Kali

The puja starts in the late evening and goes on till deep in the night. I would always sleep off watching the Puja being performed. The added attraction was the crackers and the fireworks which would a company the worshipping of light.

Im convinced that all the good things that has happened in my life are because of her blessing. I could have been lost in my young ages and many a times, I came back from the brink.

Few years back again, I spent the night on the day of Ma Kali Puja at Ramakrishan Mission at Khar, Mumbai. The puja, the chanting, the early morning prasam of hot Khichdi are the things which now has become a part of my sweet memory.

A miraculous thing that happened to me is still vivid in my memory. Th year was 2004 and I have gone to Bhuj, Gujarat on some work at one of our factory. There was no possibility of my my coming back that day though I wanted to come back because there was a family function scheduled and I didn’t want to miss it. The previous night, I was reading te enchanting book called, Autobigraphy of a Yogi by Sri Yogananada. There, he has mentioned that once he was forced to have company of a person who was spoinling his time and he silently prayed to Ma Kali to take him away somewhere else and it appeared that suddenly that person remembered something and walked away from him. Reading it, I too silently prayed to Ma that I be brought back to Mumbai next day. To me, it was impossible. I went to Factory at 9am, a discussion with our team happened and I was told to return back to Mumbai to fecilitate some work. I left the factory at 9.30am to catch the only flight available at 1.30pm.

I was stunned and felt the presence of Ma in my life.

Truly its said, if one pray with a pure heart, its certainly answered.

No comments: