World cup match with my son

World cup open between Germany and Costa rica in Germany was scheduled at 12.10am in India.

I saw this match with my three and half year son lying down in th bed. The room was lighened only by the light from the picture tube.

European football is all about physical force and every other minute one red (Costa rica) and one white (Germany), in my son's parlance, will be on the ground. He was mighty amused by the rugularity of it.

Soon we started playing the game which is, 'Pocketful of roses, Husha, husha, all falllll down'. We would chant this together and we would not be disappointed. He would break into a squeal and I would find myself breaking into a uncontrolled laughter.

Life is made of of such moments and it makes it worth taking so many other toubles that life entails.

He saw it for a long time and dosed off. He got up at 9.30am next day morning.

African football is making strides and I wouldnt be suprised if within next two decades, one of them lift the world cup. At this point, they dont have the finess but one can the diamond inside, it just need more polishing.


we also saw a show on ESPN called 'Dunya gol hya'. Quite a dumb show, full of meaningless banter and joyless jokes. Why cannt a channel like ESPN have enough creativity and vitality beats my senses.

No comments: