Absurdity

Back in 2006, moving to a different role amist lot of angst, I came accorss him. He was the typical middle class guy with lot of confidence and an all knowing air. He helped me with whatever he could in my trasition and next three years he would work closelyu with me. I went to the new role where there were hostilities from couple of other collegues but he was one constant support I could bank on. Overtime, he would be visiting our home in Manila, his family too would come to Manila for visits and we would do trips like Subic and Tagaytay. He dotted on his young son who was may be three year old then.

He would help more like a brother wehneve we would need some her in Mumbai. He had saved me lot of anxiety and money with work related to banks. It was there in his approach that wouldnt hesitate to seek help from him.

He also was very protective about one of his subordinates. He had even changed her looks. It was so absurd to think of him as a romantic or being a stud, that it never occured to us that there couldnt anything between then.

Life is mystical because so things beyound our comprehension do happen with regularity and their relationship exploded in office. It was not nice, he got censored. His bosses savied his work. He intended todivorce to mary his unlikely sweetheart but it didnt materialised and she wasted little time in getting married with somebody else few months back. I got that invitation letter too.

Off and on I would talk to him but more and more it would become clear that he was not keen to talk. Manytimes, he would promise to call back that would never happen.

Met him couple of months back and he was in his usual beheviour which was confident, assured, without any remorse.

Which is why the message that I got yesterday didn make sense.Which is why I had difficulty sleeping last time and was getting into a depression and general sense of hopelessness.

Even if he surprives, the recovery, both physical and emotional, would be extremely slow. Our prayers with hima nd his family.

No comments: