Diwali - Kali Puja in Mumbai

I worship Ma Kali- my beloved Ma who has kept me same and good. I grew up paying visits to Kalighat Ma Kali temple during the tumultous 16 years I stayed at Uncle's place that defined and scared my soul. But for Her grace and blesing I wouldnt be in this world or would still be but in pathetic state. Till I was nine and was stayig with my mother at Baruipur, we would spend the evening of Kalipuja at Haldar dadu's houe who used to do a Kali Puja everyday. I dont know if even today they are continuing with this tradition. I need to find out when I will visit Kolkata next time.
Diwali is the festival of light. Also heralds next beginning and promise of something healthy and pure days to come. The school holiday is a boon to all the children and looking Shrihaan all exicited and busy playing with his friends remind me so much of our growing up years. He went for early morning swin with friends, came back to a dose of soccer, took a break for lunch again had a soccer match. He came back around eight only to go down again half an hour later when we realised crackers were being brust in our socisty coplex. He cam be close to ten at night. We spent Diwali holidays in Goa last year and looking at him with his friends, feel allmost certain that he wouldnt want to goa any where during any of his holidays. Children will be children and we need to provide them opprtunities. Ipad, PSP etc never can substitute real friends. Diwali is the best time to be in Mumbai. The lights, the sweets, the easy atmosphere is magical. We will spend the nght with friends. I have fond memories of spending the Diwali night at Khar Ramkrishna mission listeing to chanting and Kali kirtans and coming back hope at 5am with pping hot vog! The world is increasingly unsafe and unattractive a place. I pray to Ma Kali to make it safe, peaceful and prosperous for everyone. Ma Kali is just.

No comments: