On Mumbai roads

Buying the car was easy . However, my confidence in driving the car on Mumbai road was infact negetive.

Here Amit, our neighbour and friend those days, helped with deparate measures. Firstday, he helped me around manovour around the campus. A small detail: I hit a lamp post while negotiating a reverse from a small lane.

Nextday was saturday and we went to the market near Andheri station to buy fist. I drove and near station I had to take a U turn through the road. I guess this deed set me up for a decent drive experience in Mumbai.

Still I used to be very hesitant those days. But Prinx was like a rock pushing me and forcing me to be go to palces like aiprport, Juhu beach, Lokhandwala-all busy roads. I remeber I would try to avoid the trips or delay it so that trafic thins. I was nuisance to lot of cars on the road as suddenly my car would shiver and stop on the middle of the roads and we would get drowned on honks galore.

However, gradually I learnt the things to do and not do in Mumbai road. Also learnt the art of requesting with eyes and gesture of hands.

Learnt that the truck drivers have got a softer heart compared to guys driving BMWs. Learnt the girls have got intutive faith on others and they decide what they should do irrespective of others. They believe accidents happen to others. Leart to hate the auto ricksaw drivers. Learnt to spred hatred with looks. Learnt that driving after having dry or wet addictives cost money and have promised myself not to indulge in it.

After drivng for two years in Mumbai road, I have became one of the ruthless guys on the road expert in the art of close nevigations.

Now I believe truely they say that one has to be in te swiming pool to learn swiming and one shouldnt be acting extra smart in life or else life would teach him a lession.

No comments: