Driving licence in Manila

I got my driving licence in Manila in 45 minutes flat.

My driver friend had friend who knew someone in the LTO in Pasay city. That was the key.

Went there at 10am. I was cordially offered a chair, smoke and tea. The inspector was sitting there in his undershirt and his shirt was hanging in the window. There was a huge sign saying 'No smoking'. Yet, he was smoking.

He joked with me and asked if I liked chicks. He offered help in getting chicks.

Very businesslike, he took me to meet his boss. She was very friendly and asked if I could find a job for her son in my office. I asked her to send his resume to me.

The inspector then quickly chatted with my driver and he told me that I will have to give 3000 peso. I gave and everything was just a breeze since then.

They took my urin for blood test and I also signed a paper saying I accept the test results. Few photos were then taken. There were lot of people around who were glaring at me as I didnt have to wait for anything. He joked that money enabled it, such is the power of money.

I waited again in his room, discussed chicks. Businesslike, he left after 10mins to follow up and came back immidiately with my driving licence. Thanks him & left. Have been there for just 45 mins.

I hated doing it but ddont have any regret. Such is life and time in Asia.

No comments: