Shanghai night

I was never consider the option of living in China till I visited Shanghai.

I stayed in China for a very short period of 13-15th Feb, yet my respect for China went up tremendously. I now know they are well on thier way to become a giant Aisna force to recon with and there's no one except Japan who could take on the world on economic aspects of life and as such on the polical level.

Shanghai didnt look an iota like any typical Asian cities like Mumbai, Jakarta, Colombo, Bangkok, all that I have seen and lived to different extent. Shaghai had got the gait of a youthful beaty having a lot of respect for herself and faith in future. Its confident city, on the way to fiind its place on the sun.

I met some of the chinese collgues and it became very clear that these were the people who work hard and knows their job. Sincere people, hungry for result and proud of what they do. And people are very hard working. The temperature was around 10 deg C and it was drizzling accompnaied by rai, that evening. I was walking around the roads enjoying the fragrance of the city I was visitng for the first time but the chill outside made me return to the hotel. Even at 12 in the night, I could see people on bikes going about their business. The city sleeps very late.

The signs of modern time interms of Mcdonald, KFC and giant sized malls were all there.

My collegues took me to dinner and asked if I would like to have frog or snake. I, off course, denied, not very politely. They laughed.

Next time, if I go to a Cinese restaurant, I will defintely order Seasome sweet dumpling as desert, it was unbelievably, mysteriously delicious.

Im now open to the idea that someday I might like to go there for working there for couple of years. As a english teacher, prinx also can expect to make some good money.

No comments: