Diving and new year (07) in Batangas

We didnt have any plans for new year till 24th Dec and Prinx was getting more and more restless. Ever the fun girl, she couldnt take it that Shenna wasnt going anywhere for holidays.
We met some couples at a party on 24th Dec and a plan for the new year was born. We chatted and decided to go to Batangas on 30th and user in the new year there. However, getting place there was to be difficult this time around the year at such short notice.

We booked ourselves in a diving resort called Planet Dive. 16 of us was to go. There were to be four kids, with oldest beiing Shenna at four and Joao being just thee month old.

The planing happened mostly over phone. The guys met for an hour in the evening of 29th Dec to mostly decide who was to carry what drinks.

We were skeptical on the trip as we werent thinking of diving and if one doesnt dive, why go to a diviing resort on a mountain? Yes, planet dive was located on a mountain.

We nonetheless decided to go and hoped that we will atleast have fun in the beach.

There was no beach there, except for a rocky strech three feet wide, we found out on arrival.

Otherwise, the plave looked great, on the bay, amist trees and shrub allaround.

We partied till late in thhe night on 30th, played a game called 'Murder' sitting in a room with allsides wide open and lights outside, not enough to dispell the darkness completely. Other's were very keen and confident to do diving. Prinx and myself were on the borderline, not being able to decide if atall we should do it.

Nextday, I got up early and went for a trek, alone when everyone else was sleeping. Countryside of Philippines reminded me of the coutryside of India where I grep up. Both are same. Nice clean air, stray dogs, chiken and cocks. Friendly people, many kids playing around.

Came back and went to the introductory class for diving. PRinx and myself, were deciding now that may be we should try. The dive master was funny and brutal about making the points. He explained te process and told that if we fail to take air from our tank for sometime, our lung could brust and we were to equalise the pressure inside our ear drums at different levels of water. It sounded very difficult to do and we were allmost ready to chiken out.

Only, our hearts nevel allowed us to chiken out.

There were only three dive masters and we went in groups of three. I was on of the three in the first group.

Shrihaan in between came and asked me, ' when mama and you go, whom will I stay with?' We treat kids as kids, but they think like adults and understand things much more than we think they are capable of. I told him not to worry. Soon, he was playing with the people of the resort and the dogs.

The dive master soon took in inside. I was sacred and unsure of myslf andd thought manytimes to let him know that I wanted to go up. I persevered. There was fishes of all colours and fuana of many hues. It was breattaking view below the surface of the water and soon could see the surface of the water. We went 30 ft down and it was blue water all around. Could never catch a fish through many came very near to me when I let out some bread crumbs.

Once the initial worries subsided and became coomfortable with the breathing from the air tank, I experienced bliss. I felt like I belonged to the life there under water and could move around and stay relaxed, very effortlessly.

Inside, I was thinking that Shrihaan shouldnt ddo it ever but I know in my heart, he will do it when we gets a chance.

After 30-40mins, I was taken back to the surface of the water. It was such a great experience underwater, I thanked my dive master Toto, profoundly. I honestly, truely felt enormously grateful to him for making it possible for me to gather this unique and once in a life time experience.

Prinx went in the next group and I just told her to relax and everything will be allright. She also had a great experience doing thhe scuba diving.

How many would have the diving experience in India? Prinx and myself would be among them.

Why do people dive? Afterall, what can be seen inside can equally be seen in a good auqarium like the one in Subic city. I guess its all about taking a great risk and proving one to oneself of conquering the fears and doing something that one thought he/she wasnt capable of doing.

We went for a boat ride in the evening and Shenna was excited all through out, he collected shells. we played vollyball there after.

We drank and played Taboo and Murder again in the evening. At 12, we opened the Champaign and wished each other many joys.

On first Jan, 07, we drove back to Manila.

No comments: