Thumbs down FedEx

One of my extremely important travel document was sent from Manila to Portsunlight in UL on wednesday evening through FedEx and we were promised that it would reach on friday evening definitely. Like a fool, I believed this promise from Fed Ex to my own peril. It contained my travel documents for my travel back from UK to Manila. I started following it up from UK around 11pm and Dona was following it up from Manila from 5am in the morning. We realised their site wasnot updated for atleast 12hours, whats te point then of having a online tracking mechanism? My calls from UK was routed to their call center in Montrel and first time they told me that the site isnt updated and Europe is sleeping and nonthing, nothing can be done at all, even though I pleaded that it was extemely urgent. I called back and another person picked up the phone. He gave the same response and when I persisted, he kept me waiting in the line for 5mins and came back and said that it would be delivered and someone from UK would call me in next couple of hours. I patiently waited till 2am in the moring and called back. Some Jesica now told me I was wasting my time and nothing can be done, they arent in UK and no one in UK from Fed ex works in thee night. She had such a negetive attitude that I kept the phone down and called back with the hope that someone nicer would be on line. But obviously they talk with eachother and I got Mary next who told me that he supervisor would call me back. It never came.

Because of it, I couldnt fly next day. Came back and called the Fedex number at 9am. Got UK call centre, they said the parcel wwas with their agent in Roucon and it will be delivered on Monday as their wouldnt any deliver during the week. So I could suck my thum sitting in UK for two days waiting for my parcel to come so that I could fly.

I requested if I could come and pick it up. The cab driver realised I was in a desparate situation and made some good money out of me. I went and collected te parcel at 11.30am from Roucon and changed my tickets so that I could fly out of UK on Sunday.

FedEx really sucked, big time. They proved that they cannt keep promises inspite of their all the big claims. I have never interacted with a lousier call centre that the one they have in Montreal.

No comments: